In this BIG BIRTHDAY BEERS WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY episode recorded in the luxurious surroundings of the Premier Inn, Manchester – right before Session 1 of the Cloudwater Friends & Family & Beer Festival.
We talk about Friends and Family, what we are looking forward to and whilst we do that we get through some fantastic beers brewed to celebrate the Birthdays of 2 of our favourite breweries: Other half and Cloudwater Brew Co.
This is arguably the strongest lineup we’ve ever had on the show with an Untappd average of 4.4 which is, quite frankly, ridiculous. Here’s the list:
1. We kick things off in style with the 5th Birthday DIPA from Cloudwater – an 8% beauty brewed with Citra, Sabro and Centennial.
2. Next up we have the beer with the largest variety of hops we have ever seen. It’s the Other Half 6th Anniversary 10% TIPA brewed with with Citra, Mosaic, Sabro Incognito, Galaxy, Cashmere, Riwaka, Strata T-90, Cashmere, Tomahawk and Citra Cryo.
3. We keep things in double digit territory from now on in. We come back to Manchester with Cloudwater’s Birthday TIPA hopper with Nelson Sauvin, Motueka and Simcoe.
4. It’s back to Brooklyn for Beer number 4, a rebrew of Other Half’s 5th Anniversary TIPA. Another 10%er brewed with pilsner malt, malted oats and oats and hopped at 8 lbs/bbl with Citra, Galaxy, Mosaic, Nelson Sauvin and Citra Cryo.
5. It’s that time of year when Cloudwater treat us to the annual rebrew of Chubbles, their 10% TIPA collaboration with The Veil Brewing. It’s always great to see it back in our fridges.
6. Back to Brooklyn again a rebrew of Other Half’s 4th Anniversary TIPA. Not any old TIPA but a 10% Quadruple Dry-Hopped Imperial India Pale Ale brewed with Pilsner malt, oats and wheat. Hopped with Citra, Galaxy, Enigma, El Dorado, Mosaic and Citra Lupulin powder.
Hope you enjoy the show! Please leave any feedback please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you enjoy the show then leave us a review on Apple. Thanks for listening.
Photos by: CraftCanGang